Registered Nurses coordinate and participate in the delivery of holistic and supportive care to patients/clients/residents by assessing, developing, implementing and evaluating the plan of care. This may include the provision of emergency, health promotion, curative, supportive, rehabilitative and palliative services. They also provide professional supervision and direction to the nursing care team while supporting other members of the interprofessional team to achieve safe and effective care to residents. They ensure that documentation and nursing policies and practices are followed and they work together with families to ensure the highest standard of patient/resident/client centered care is provided.
Hours Full Time (In rotational 8 or 12 hour shifts)
Competition Number RN11252020
Posted Date 25 November 2020
Closing Date Opened until filled
By applying for this job, you acknowledge an understanding that regular requirements and demands of this job include (but are not limited to):
- Constantly moves/lifts up to 10 lbs., regularly moves/lifts up to 25 lbs. and occasionally is required to restrain/reposition/move/ lift up to 30 lbs. Pushes/pulls up to medium force.
- Constantly stands/walks and works in awkward or cramped positions to assist with procedures.
- Constantly uses fine finger/precision, auditory, sensory and visual concentration to provide and conduct risk assessments, observe/monitor patients, to complete documents, follow directions, administer medications, etc.
- May be subject to time pressures/deadlines and subject to lack of control over work pace.
- Graduation from an approved School of Nursing.
- Current and active registration with the CRNNL.
- Current in Basic Life Support Level C – Basic Rescuer.
- A satisfactory record of work performance is required.
- Clear code of conduct and vulnerable sector check
- Medical form, including proof of immunization and TB testing
Applications in writing stating qualifications, experience, education, references, and quoting competition number RN11252020 must be submitted via email on or before the closing date to:
Human Resources Manager
270 Portugal Cove Road
St. John’s, NL
Part-time hours: 37.5 per week
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $36.20-$42.89 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place